The session will also consider how to claim both benefits and the role of support workers in helping to claim and maintain these benefits.
Our course covers:
- Universal Credit (UC) and Housing Benefit (HB) entitlement rules
- How much does the claimant receive
- The process for claiming both UC and HB
- Alternative Payment Arrangements, Direct Deductions for debt; including rent arrears, the rules on Advance Payments
- UC and HB Calculation examples
- The Law on what is meant by Care, Support and Supervision (necessary for residents to claim HB)
- Issues around claiming and sustaining these benefits for those in supported housing and the role of the support worker
- Challenging UC and HB decisions
This is a live online (Zoom) course delivered over a full day.
21 March 2023 9.30 am – 4.30 pm