It explores what additional assistance all applicants should receive from their local authorities; and how this relates to the existing duties under the Housing Act 1996.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Recognise the duties owed to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- Understand the key concepts of homelessness law, including who is homeless, what is means to be vulnerable and hence in priority need, and when someone can be found intentionally homelessness
- Explain how local authorities should process applications under the HRA
- Understand the elements of the relief duty and prevention duty
- Recognise how duties are ended under the HRA
- Explain why ‘The Personalised Housing Plan’ is such an important part of the new legislation and what makes for a lawful one
- State what decisions relating to the new duties can be challenged by seeking a review
This is a live online (Zoom) course delivered over a full day.
14 March 2023 9.30 am – 4.30 pm