The course covers:
- Identifying the main players in the system – police, CPS, courts, probation, etc. – and outline their roles and powers
- Detailing the stages of the CJ process for a person moving though the CJ System – who does what, and when?
- Clarifying the issues in working with clients in custody and on community sentences
- Contributing to reports for clients and supporting them at Court appearances Work with clients who are on licence or community orders
- Keeping up to date with recent and impending legislation, and changes to the system
This is a live online course delivered over Zoom in 2 linked sessions.
Session 1: April 16, 2024, 1.30– 4.30pm
Session 2: April 23, 2024, 1.30 – 4.30pm