Node-link mapping is a simple technique for presenting verbal information in the form of a diagram. It has been shown to have positive benefits for counselling interactions with clients.
Courses can be tailor-made from the following elements:
- Exploring the origins of, and the evidence base supporting, Node-Link mapping
- Understanding how to apply correct mapping technique via observation of trainer and role play practice
- Practicing the use of a range of generic maps
- Exploring Breadth and Depth style maps
- Understand 2 techniques for developing ‘Free-Maps’ and then practice them via group work and role play
- Encouraging service users to either add to maps or develop their own, including mapping for those without reading or writing skills.