This course is aimed at people whose role requires them to manage complaints, to decide whether or not to uphold them, and to communicate their decision to the complainant. These could be team leaders, service managers, care home managers, senior managers, or complaints managers.
Courses can be tailor-made from the following elements:
- Understanding your organisation’s complaints process and procedure and other relevant documentation
- The external framework: the roles of the CQC, Tenant Panels, MPs and Ombudsman in relation to complaints
- Are your hands clean? Conflict situations
- Hard cases and bad law – assessing evidence and taking a justifiable decision
- Recording and communicating your decision; managing impacts & next steps
- Continuous improvement – identifying learning for individuals, teams, and organisations