Every organisation should have a ‘named person’ for safeguarding children and young people. The Designated Safeguarding Person has a responsibility at both a strategic level within the organisation and on a day to day basis.
Courses can be tailor-made from the following elements:
- Discussion around the roles and responsibilities of the DSP
- Consideration of our own attitudes and values and how they impact on practice
- Outlining key legislation and guidance
- Deciding action the organisation needs to take to ensure the safety and welfare of the children and young people it has contact with
- Consideration of the blocks to children disclosing abuse