Courses can be tailor-made from the following elements:
- Understanding the legislative context relating to safeguarding children
- Defining the term ‘significant harm’
- Listing possible indicators of significant harm
- Having an understanding of how to assess risk of significant harm
- Outlining their own role and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children
- Having an understanding of the inter-agency processes involved in safeguarding children
- Identifying ways in which they can change their practice/influence those of others to improve their ability to safeguard children.