This course is for those who have completed our Level 1 course (or equivalent), have some experience of putting their MI skills into practice, and now wish to further sharpen these skills through detailed case discussion and practice with their peers.
Courses can be tailor-made from the following elements:
- Recapping on the skills and techniques of MI, and discussing what has been beneficial, and what has been more difficult
- Exercises to further sharpen these skills, including case studies and practice (particular focus on working with ambivalence & resistance)
- Exploring complex reflections and change / sustain talk in key working sessions
- Helping clients ‘on the cusp’ of change, but not quite able to achieve it
- Deciding when MI would be the most useful approach, overcoming barriers to implementing MI, and where other skills might be more useful
NB. The course structure necessities the completion of a pre-learning exercise (case study), high levels of participation, and role-play.