Service users often use a range of services across social care, physical and mental health care, criminal justice and housing. Partnership working at the strategic and operational levels in each of these organisations is a key determinant of success for service users.
Serious case reviews have consistently demonstrated that partnership working between organisations has not worked well and has contributed to failures in care. Factors that have reduced the effectiveness of partnership working have included:
- Different priorities and/or targets for each organisation in the partnership
- Tensions between organisations over financial and other resources
- A lack of understanding of other professional and organisational cultures
- A lack of agreed protocols for information sharing and case management
- Poor implementation of protocols and agreements at the operational level
Whether organisations want to review their current partnership working arrangements or explore new working relationships with other organisations, Mosaic can offer consultancy that will help organisations to:
- Establish their joint goals and how each organisation will also meet their respective targets
- Consider how financial, capital and human resources will be used in the partnership
- Explore the role of each organisation and the specific roles of all the professionals who will be involved in partnership working
- Consider governance arrangements for their partnership working
- Develop effective and agreed working protocols
Mosaic can also offer staff training which will focus on developing staff understanding of partnership working, explore how to build working relationships with staff from other organisations, and support staff to utilise working protocols.
If you would like to discuss a Service Review please contact us.
Back to Consultancy Services